Detachment 560 Bronx Bombers - USMMA Air Force Interest Application
Thank you for your interest in joining the United States Air Force. The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win-in air, space and cyberspace. We will recruit, train and retain America's best young men and women to provide global vigilance, reach and power to our nation in the 21st century. We will command and lead effectively at all levels-with decisiveness and concern for our people. We'll provide an environment that encourages all our people to achieve personal and professional excellence, taking pride in being part of the aerospace force that is respected the world over.
We look forward to having you part of our application and admission process. In addition here are few of the key Incentives of our program:
- Upon contracting a stipend - $450-$500/month (Pending on Year Standing)
- Rated and Line Officer Career Opportunities
- Leadership & Professional Development
To be considered for an Air Force contract and commission, an applicant must complete all of the requirements listed below. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to work around sea duty and academy requirements. Follow Steps 1-5 to be considered.
Requirements to Contract
- 2.0 CGPA / 2.0 TGPA
- DD Form 368 Conditional Release
- BMI/Body Fat Standards
- Pass AF Physical Fitness Test (Push Ups/Sit Ups/1.5 Mile Run/AC)
- DoDMERB Certified/Qualified (Expiration after Commissioning Date)
- Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (Verbal – 15/Quantitative – 10)
- Test of Basic Aviation Skills [Rated Applicants Only]
- Meet Drug/Alcohol/Civil Involvement Criteria
Step 1: Submit Air Force Interest Form
Click the button below to complete the Air Force Interest Form:
All applicants will be added to a distro list and be contacted on all of the Air Force opportunities open to service academy midshipmen. Please continue to work on Steps 2-4 in order to be considered.
Step 2: Submit Documents
Click the button below to download the Air Force ROTC Application Packet:
For USMMA Registration Instructions Click Here
- Original & Photocopy of Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate
- Original & Photocopy of Social Security Card
- Unofficial Transcripts for all college courses ever taken
- USMMA Class Rank
- Copy of your SAT or ACT scores
- Copy of Approved DoDMERB Physical
- MALES ONLY: Selective Service ID #: Obtain here. Print the official letter of verification from Selective Service.
- PRIOR SERVICE/CADETS ONLY: DD Form 214/DD Form 785
All documents MUST be hand-submitted to the following:
- TSgt Jeremy Brown, NCOIC, Personnel: email@example.com
- SSgt Ulan Hawthorne, NCOIC, Administration Management: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email or contact at (718) 862-7201 to coordinate drop-off. You can also mail in the application to:
ATTN: TSgt Jeremy Brown / SSgt Ulan Hawthorne
3825 Corlear Ave Leo 246
Riverdale NY, 10463
Please contact TSgt Brown or SSgt Hawthorne if you decide to mail in the application.
DO NOT MAIL ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD.
Step 3: Schedule/Take Qualifying Test
Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA)
The assessment components are comprised of the following:
- Abdominal circumference measurements
- Aerobic component evaluated by the 1.5-mile timed run
- Muscular fitness component evaluated by the number of push-up and sit-ups completed within one minute
Required for all officers candidates--must accomplish each term until graduation.
Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT)
- The AFOQT measures aptitudes used to select candidates for officer commissioning programs and specific commissioned officer training programs
- The AFOQT consists of 12 subtests. Subtest scores are combined to generate composite scores used to help predict success in certain types of Air Force training programs
Required for all officers candidates.
Test of Basic Aviation Skills (TBAS)
- The TBAS is a computerized psychomotor, spatial ability, and multi-tasking test battery
- It is used as a tool for the selection of United States Air Force pilot and RPA pilot candidates
- TBAS scores are combined with the candidate's Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT) Pilot composite and flying hours to produce a Pilot Candidate Selection Method (PCSM) score
- The PCSM score provides a measure of a candidate's aptitude for pilot and RPA pilot training
Required for only candidates pursing Pilot or RPA pilot slots
January 2018 Signup below:
February 2018 Signup below:
Step 4: Apply For Conditional Release
Directions: Click Here to download and complete the AF 368 Form with Air Force Liaison Officer and work with USMMA to sign and coordinate for approval. Once the conditional release is signed by USMMA you are clear to contract into the Air Force and compete for boards.
Step 5: Compete For Boards
Once you meet all pre-requisites you will be cleared to apply for the following boards:
Primary Rated Board
Supplemental Rated Board
- Pilot, CSO, RPA, ABM
- Jan/Feb of Junior Year
- Pilot, CSO, RPA, ABM
- Aug/Sept of Senior Year
Line Officer Careers
- Process Starts in Apr/May of Junior Year
- Notification is Nov of Senior Year