Detachment 560 Bronx Bombers - Air Force ROTC Admission Process
Thank you for your interest in joining the United States Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Program. The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win-in air, space and cyberspace. We will recruit, train and retain America's best young men and women to provide global vigilance, reach and power to our nation in the 21st century. We will command and lead effectively at all levels-with decisiveness and concern for our people. We'll provide an environment that encourages all our people to achieve personal and professional excellence, taking pride in being part of the aerospace force that is respected all over the world. We look forward to having you part of our application and admission process.
Requirements to Join
- Must be a US Citizen or within six months of earning a US citizenship
- Must be a student with at least 3 years remaining at one of our crosstown schools
- Must be physically fit and within height and weight standards Learn More
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater for all college courses ever taken
- Must be able to complete the program before your 30th birthday
- Must pass the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT) before attending LEAD (Field Training) Learn More
- Must be able to qualify medically through the Department of Defense (DOD) Medical Evaluation Board taken after passing 1st physical fitness test Learn More
Thank you for your interest in joining Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 560. Please follow the steps below to be considered.
High School Applicants who wish to apply for the High School Scholarship Program (HSSP), please apply by visiting www.afrotc.com
If you meet the pre-qualifications, you will be invited for an interview by the Recruiting Flight Commander (RFC) or Unit Admissions Officer.
Click Here for Interview Guidance/Tips.
Every year, AFROTC Detachment 560 receives applications from hundreds of bright, talented and ambitious college students. While a student's academic record (GPA, SAT/ACT Score) is the primary factor for consideration, we realize that student ability and potential can be demonstrated in many different ways. If you meet the pre-qualifications, you will be invited for an interview by the Unit Admissions Officer (UAO). After the interview, if accepted, you will receive a formal invitation to join our distinguished program.
For any specific questions, please contact the UAO at firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 862-7201